Pony setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He is kinda right: you have to be right no top of things, or the unexpected is bound to happen. (Murphy's Law) When I was last at my LDS, I told the owner I dive BPW, and he immediately told me that the BPW setup doesn't right itself (keeps you face-down in the water) if the diver goes uncontious. I immediately told him that this is the least of my concerns because most diving should be done with a buddy. Although sometimes annoying, buddies can be helpful! Besides.....what happens if your situations isn't an OOG (out of gas) situation, and you become uncontious (I think I'm spelling that wrong....), or something blocks your windpipe? Recovery is next to impossible. Last week, a memorial was held for a friend of my dad who was a diver. A piece of the reg came out and lodged in his buddie's throat, and he made a beeline for the surface (at 130 feet down) His buddy survived, (they think because of oxygen deprivation) but he followed him too fast and blew up when he hit the surface.

Anyways, I'm not trying to bash you, just trying to tell you a little story that happened to a friend, and has caused me to learn a lot.

Just my two euros...

I know it's dangerous to speculate, but from what I know probably the part of the regulator one is most likely to aspirate on is the mouth piece.

My future Pony setup...
30cf tank $121
Button Guage $45
Mares R2 Rebel $135

Total at Scubatoys.....$301-%10=Nothing compared to being Out Of Air. I'd be happy to never use it for an OOA Emergency.

^ Perhaps better gas planning would be better than an equipment solution...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom