Pony Fill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have received the follow reply from AKR

Dennis
We have guests all the time bringing spare small tanks to dive with. When they meet for the first day of diving, we can fill it with air.

So the ball is in your court now Aaron.
My advise is double/triple/quadruple check with your airline.
It would suck to be told no at check-in.

Hello,

I recently picked up a 13cuft pony bottle. I'm hoping to bring it to Roatan. Assuming I can work out the flying thing, do you know if the shop at AKR would object to filling a tank for me? It's just regular ol' 3000psi aluminum. Should just be one time fill for the whole trip...

I have received the follow reply from AKR

Dennis
We have guests all the time bringing spare small tanks to dive with. When they meet for the first day of diving, we can fill it with air.

So the ball is in your court now Aaron.
My advise is double/triple/quadruple check with your airline.
It would suck to be told no at check-in.
Kelemvor. Who are you flying with. I have flown with a pony several times on Delta without any problem and quite a few others on SB have flown with other airlines. One poster often recommends printing the regolations linked earlier and placing along side the tank.

I'm not sure the airline is even relevant. They don't have any idea what's in your checked bag, only the TSA does.

I wondered if you were going to quote this one. We should bump that old post.
:D I actually pulled it up to do just that then saw the bump warning and didn't. What it really needs is a sticky. Wonder how we do that.

@uncfnp Good question.. I agree it would be an excellent sticky in the DIY subforum.

There you go..

Last edited:
We might have to get a poll started ... MMM says they rarely make threads into sticky.. Unless
hundreds make the request.

Kelemvor. Who are you flying with. I have flown with a pony several times on Delta without any problem and quite a few others on SB have flown with other airlines. One poster often recommends printing the regolations linked earlier and placing along side the tank.
American

For what it's worth, I wouldn't have found the other thread even if it was a sticky. I usually use search or more often the "new posts" button. Maybe once a year do I actually browse the list of forums where I would see a sticky. I did search for information about pony bottles and travel, but I didn't stumble upon that particular post.

It's good to have the fill whip anyway to keep your pony topped off after every handful of dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom