Pony Bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think that din is more streamlined. I converted to din when I got my pony I didnt like having the yoke knob sticking out.

Thanks for all the replies. I think I'm going to go with a convertible Din/Yoke valve. I like the thought of being streamline and less objects sticking out from the tank. Thanks everyone!!!!

I had a provalve on my pony tank that I picked up. I decided on a Din reg because the LDS had one Hollis 500SE DC7 DIN left in stock and needed the display space, so they cut me a hellacious deal.

Neither. If it's a dedicated pony why make it more bulky than needed. Look at the H2Odyssey RG2V. In one very compact package you get a standard piston first stage, On/Off valve, 2 low pressure ports & 1 high pressure port. Zeagle also has something comparable - but I think way over priced. You can get the RG2V for $110 on Amazon - maybe cheaper elsewhere. Used to be $90.

Pro valve, set up and used as DIN. "Less stuff!" and there's always something to be said for that.

Keep the yoke converter in your bag, in case you can to steal that regulator when your primary fails one day, and you've got more dives to do that weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom