Pony Bottle Rentals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AggieDad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have knowledge of any dive operator in Bonaire that rents pony bottles? Buddy Dive does not and Continental is, according to their website, charging $100 per bottle each way.

Get hold of Herman and ask him. He knows a shop that may rent one. It was the shop where we had to buy a weird battery for a computer for Tony when we went.

Another option, dont tell the airlines. I take the valve off mine and wrap it in my wet suit. Never had a problem.

RICHinNC:
Get hold of Herman and ask him. He knows a shop that may rent one. It was the shop where we had to buy a weird battery for a computer for Tony when we went.

Another option, dont tell the airlines. I take the valve off mine and wrap it in my wet suit. Never had a problem.

Herman?

You are correct in that you probably would never have a problem but when and if you do....you will regret it. Sadly the consistency with dealing with TSA and airline employees is non-existent. I carry the TSA regulations with me concerning scuba equipment and the written instructions/rules for each airline. The only thing I am very sensitive about is batteries.

Yep, Herman. Do a search for him on here and send a PM. He is a great guy and will do his best to help you.

I carry my 13cuft pony on every dive trip. I have never had a problem. TSA written rules state that they can be taken on as carry on, BUT.....5...yep 5...TSA customer reps have told me that just isnt going to happen. The guy on the ground has final say no matter what the written rules are and ponies are not going on as carry on.

Everyone of them has said, take out the valve and I am fine to put it in check in.

I will take a written copy of their rules and a written explanation of what the tank is and what it is used for and wrap both around the tank. My bags have been opened many times but never a problem. The only thing I have had taken out of my bags was a can of lubricant you spray on plastic parts. Go figure.

A little late I see but Walt at Rec Tec is the man.

Better late than never. Might have had a diff name.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom