Pony bottle regulator - Aqualung Survival Egress Air (SEA)??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akivisuals

Contributor
Reaction score
So I don't want this to become one of those threads that extol the virtues of a pony bottle or how it will kill you. Let's start there. But, I am currently using a 13cf pony bottle with an inexpensive Aqualung Titan for my pony reg. The Titan is pretty heavy and bulky and I was looking at some first stages that are a bit more lightweight and compact. The Zeagle Envoy Razor looks great but a bit pricey and the 2nd stage is bigger than what I would want. I stumbled across this military product made by Aqualung and it looks promising but I wasn't sure if it would be suitable for regular use in the water as a regulator for my pony bottle. The product is the Aqualung Survival Egress Air (SEA). I'm looking at the MK model. The 2nd stage looks like the Aqualung octo that I currently use except black. The 1st stage looks like it attaches directly to the bottle which saves on space and weight. It has a built in pressure gauge and has an indicator letting you know if the hose is charged and ready to use with the valve open. I'm wondering if this would work with my existing 13cf bottle and if the threads would fit. Anyone have any experience with these? I've contacted Aqualung in San Diego and they didn't have any info. They transferred me to different departments and the reps didn't return my calls. Would love to hear your guys' thoughts on this as a possible pony bottle reg option.

http://www.aqualung.com/militaryand...mation/108349_SEA_UsersManual_LoRes_12_10.pdf

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom