pony bottle-open or closed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

halemanō;6035216:
P10100603.jpg

Would look nicer if you were using a BP/W.

Would look nicer if you were using a BP/W.

After seeing his other dive equipment, do you really think he cares about what he "looks" like?

After seeing his other dive equipment, do you really think he cares about what he "looks" like?

It was a joke based on past interactions with halemano.

:confused:

Dive Equipment
Oceanic EOS/FDX10, swivel 180 alternate, QD inflator hose, 3-gauge analog console
Oceanic Delta 4/CDX5, swivel 180 alternate, QD inflator hose, 3-gauge analog console
Sea Quest Balance (Blue!) w/ JUST trim weight pockets
Sea Quest Spectrum 2 ADV (Blue!) w/ right kidney dump
Cressi Big Eye masks (black skirt - Blue shark neoprene/velcro strap!)
Cressi Gara 2000 full foot (Blue blades!)
Mares Avanti x3 open heel (Blue!)
Suunto Viper computer (hose mount)
Pinnacle Merino-Elastiprene 5 mm (hope to dye the gray panels Blue!)
Aqua Lung 5 mm Aqua Flex (Blue panels!)
Nocturnal Lights hand mount SLX 800t
Two Asahi HP120's, One Luxfer AL40
Two Apollo AV-1 scooters

I might care, as long as it's Blue! :D

Last edited:
I leave mine open, if I need it the last thing I want to do is have to stop and open it first. Have you ever had a reg come loose under pressure?

Loose reg ?? Me ?? Never !!

Attachments

• Tech Diver.jpg
    Tech Diver.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 5,961
Extra tanks I bring with me are carried slung with reg(s) charged but the valves in the off position.

When diving doubles with non-doubles equipped or familiar individuals, I will re-iterate as part of our pre-dive check which reg (the one on the long hose that I am breathing from) is theirs if they do experience OOA or reg related malfunction and the fact that I carry the stage for myself (be it just for practice).

When diving single tank, their reg now becomes the octo reg of my set-up that I have clipped on one of my chest D-rings. The slung bottle remains mine and under my control.

The extra bottles I carry are either AL40cft and/or AL80cft each with DIN reg and 2 in SPG. While it is not overly complicated to dive with them, one has to get used to it. Furthermore, while they do ride properly when hooked to a harness, they do tend to hang low and more under the body once hooked to a BCD due to the positioning of the D rings.

Akimbo - I dive with it on my forehead . I am just so awesome.
I am prepared for any eventuality
In other words ... I AM A TECH DIVER !!!

I wear mine attached to my main tank. I leave it off because I'm usually on the bottom filming and it is easy for the second stage purge to be pressed against the bottom while I'm filming. I mount mine upside down so the valve is within easy reach of my free (left) hand. If it were mounted with the valve up, I'd have difficulty reaching it due to an ancient shoulder injury.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom