Pony bottle hooked to Air 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by MikeS
Considered the balloon/straw approach as cost containment measure but decided against it due to potential buoyancy problems. The work around, taking two balloons and exhaling into the second to maintain constant buoyancy seemed too cumbersome.

LMAO. The convolutions people will go into trying to fix problems generated by the solution to the first problem. :)

Oh, your charters let you dive 120cf tanks? And use them, that is.

I know a LOT of AL 80 customers that would be a bit irate waiting for you to hit NDL. Heck, on my charters this weekend there were a lot of irate customers because my buddy and I have a decent SAC rate.

Jim,

We were diving with Olympus Dive Center out of Morehead City, NC. If the weather is good and the boat can get out, the typical dives are 100 to 130 fsw. The vast majority of divers were using Nitrox for more bottom time. The smallest tanks I saw were 100 cf.. There were quite a few doubles and even an Inspiration re-breather in use. The only boat imposed time requirements were no decompression and one-hour maximum in the water.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom