Pompano dive sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RDRINK25

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Which are a must do? Have 2 days of 4 tank diving with a charter. Need to know what not to miss? Already have the Copehagen scheduled for an afternoon dive. Any recommendations?

Which charter?

Chug
Has doved Pompton a lot.

Sea Emperor (aka Aqua Zoo)

:D

Havent been there in a couple years but a memorable dive was a series of 4 wrecks in around 70ft of water. Unfortunately I dont recall their names so this post isn't really useful.

The reef around the Copenhagen is one of the nicest shallow sites in Florida, especially if the operator let's you do the dive as a drift. I've dove the Copenhagen and the reef line as a drift dive a couple of times: it great. I like the Aqua Zoo too because of the fish life that hangs out on the wreck and the surrounding construction debris. The Ancient Mariner has a lot of fish life too. If you want something a bit deeper, the Rodeo 25 is a good dive but most of the dive will be at 110 feet if there is current, if there is no current you can dive it shallower by swimming around the masts. I like the wreck trek that is south of the Commercial pier.

I'm not sure any of these sites are 'must do' in the same way the Spiegel Grove is in Key Largo, but they are all good dives

miracle of life wreck....AKA Miss Lourdies...(look for the angel statue)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom