Pompano Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove with SFDH last thanksgiving, it was definitely a great bunch of guys. We dove off both boats, safari one day, aquaview the next. Did 4 wrecks in two days, Sea Emporer, United Caribbean, berry patch, and the Copenhagen. Had an awesome time. Can't wait to dive with them again this Thanksgiving.

Brad B:
Was just wondering if anyone out there is familiar with the Pompano Beach area and could hook me up with any nice,easy beach or bridge dives. I am taking my brand new scuba wife(new to scuba, not being a wife) on an afternoon 2 tank boat dive next Sunday but would like to do something shore based in the morning. I have 50+ dives but they are all deeper spearing trips and this is really my first trip just to go look at pretty fishies.

I own a condo in Pompano and am fortunate to travel from NY every 6-7 weeks to Florida. I beach entry from 13th avenue next to the Fairfield and the Beachcomber. This is between atlantic and commercial. Get there early,before 10 because there are only 4 parking spots but the reef is only a short swim and the first reef is only 16 ft. This is a really easy dive as long as the shore waves are less than 2 feet. My nephew is 12 and loves this dive. We have seen lobster, turtles, eels, baracuda and stingray as well as many colorful species and of course lots of reef. The local divers that I have met love this area as well. Have fun. Jer

Speaking of which .... Blue Heron Bridge ... what is the latest info on it?

Do they still have it closed? Inaccessable?
Divable?

Last I heard there was limited access by going over a wall er sumthin'
and there was not much to see. Access to the east span was verboten.
All the usual great macro photography and critters were yet to return.

Anyone have the latest dive reports?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom