Trip Report Pompano Beach Dive Report 5-8 June 2024

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverDave65

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Returned recently from a great dive trip to Pompano Beach Fla diving with South Florida Dive Headquarters. Overall, an excellent trip and would highly recommend the Dive Shop for diving in that area. Went with my girlfriend partner. Both of us are AOW and the wreck dives generally require that cert or higher.
Easy to set up the dives, just a phone call to sign up for the dives and when we got their just ran an invoice for the several days we would be there. Tiffany in the office was superb. We used nitrox most days and I had two tanks with me that they refilled every night and then we rented 2 days for every two tank dive.
Every day we did both morning and afternoon dives off one of their 3 dive boats. In all cases, the Captains were superb and helpful, the dive masters tied us in to the wrecks and then stayed at the surface, so essentially every dive was unguided, but very well briefed. We wanted to do lots of wrecks, and we did the RBS-1, the Copenhagen, the Rodeo 25 the Okinawa and the Capt Dan. All pretty good wreck dives, great visibility some days up to 100 feet. Some days little current but some days some very strong currents on the surface. Reef dives included the Lighthouse reef, the Nursery, Abbey Too, Pompano trench. The reef dives were better than I expected, good sea life and they were all drift dives. The DM gave us a dive flag with a simple roll up reel and we were on our own. Worked out really nice.
Water temp all week 83-85F, I only needed a 3mm shorty. Wore gloves for the wrecks and glad I had them.
Sea life we saw included small fish, rays, nurse sharks, turtles, lobsters, barracuda.
Overall a superb couple days of diving and would highly recommend the South Florida Dive Headquarters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom