Polyethylene glygol (PEG)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glycol is used as a refrigerent in comershal ac operations (BIG freezers) you need a AC current supply 2 stainless steel rods glycol and a lot of time

Aircraft Deice fluid is the same stuff if you can find a small airport that will sell you a couple of gallons. Most likely a mechanic would give you some

I saw a documentary on TV about how they don't have much in Cuba. They are using sugar preserve wood. Don't know the formula, but........ I also have a friend in St. Augustine that is a chemical engineer. He is also the best person I know at preservation. I will ask him if he will share his secrets. Hes been doing this for a log time, and has done wonders on the artifacts I have recovered. Carl Fismer

Paintballs are made from PEG butI dont know what number. The color is suppused to wash out but there is a lot of other stuff in certian brands.

I have heard of some pieces of a wreck that were being preserved in Cuba with a high concentration of sugar and water. I don't know any more details that this like the ratio used or how long to soke the pieces.
I have had some luck with a long soke in fresh water and then using an oil like linseed.
ZDD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom