Poly/Spandex 'Workout' Top -- Same as Rashguard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leo Jay, I'm also sporting the shaved head and while I'm not sure of the water temp, when we dove Utila it was 80 deg. and I was fine w/o anything on my dome. If anything get a thin beanie and stow it in a pocket to use if you need it.

Okay, but the more I read about some people tending to feel cold underwater, the more I think I should play it safe and get something warmer. As a non-swimmer, I'm not used to being in water at all, and at 6'1" 160lb, I don't have much natural insulation. I'd hate to have my first underwater experience be spoiled just because I couldn't stand the temp. On the other hand, as a first-timer who may never do it again anytime soon if at all, I don't want to spend more than is prudent. Oy, decisions, decisions...
:shakehead :D

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. Any and all additional opinions welcomed!

Ah, well problem solved. I had no idea that local dive shops often rent wetsuits -- I just found that out. So that solves the dilemma of making sure I'm warm enough vs. investing in something I may never use again.

Thanks all!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom