POLL: What was your first dive computer and would you buy it again?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1.UWATEC ALADIN Pro NITROX ( doesn't have backlight , don't have gauge mode , have to DIY PC communication , like big screen , transparent display (would buy again - NO )

2.UWATEC TECH 2G have ( small numbers , small menus , complicated menus , nice and simple PC communication ) (would buy again - NO )

next i would choose bottom timer like XEN (expensive ) or xDEEP BLACK bottom timer (like )

1 Uwatec Aladin Pro - 1992
2 In 1992, yes, now of course not, although I still use it as a back up on trips

1 Uwatec Aladin Pro - 1992 2 In 1992, yes, now of course not
That's the thing about this poll, isn't it: there's at least 2 more factors involved with 4 possible permutations. Would you buy it again if you knew as much then as you do now? Would you buy it again if what's available now was available then? And so on.

Suunto Octopus 2
Don't make anymore, but even if they did, no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh man, I wanted to answer this poll and right there at the first page is a comment by TSandM. I'm sad as furk *again*.
I've seen a number of posts that I have been reading through and come across one of hers and been like ..." well this just sucks . " it's amazing how had I read the same post a month ago I'd a just kept on reading. Now I come across her words of wisdom and take pause. May her words live on in immortality. On that note Come on let's hear it ! What was ur choice of comp. And would u buy again ??

Sent from my galaxy S5 Active.

Suunto Zoop works great. Yes, I would buy another. Price was right and it has been perfectly reliable to date. (probably just jinxed myself)

Now to answer the question, my first computer was the Uwatec / Scubapro Digital 330m which is just a bottom timer. I don't regret having bought it and if I were in the same situation again (owning no gear and having little money to spend), I'll buy it again. What I miss is an OLED display that you can easily read during night dives and PC integration to download the logs, that's why I'll be buying an OSTC when the battery dies.

Shearwater Petrel 2 - Yes I would buy it again - quality so good I may not have to though. Or I may buy a second one for backup.

Off Topic : Everything I learned about scuba I learned from TSandM posts. :( I hope scubaboard database is backed up in many locations, wouldn't want to lose them.

Back on topic: Who's next? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom