Poll: What are the most profitable dive careers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rooske41:
Hi All

This is something I 've wondered about on and off over the last 20 years and this forum is the perfect venu to survey on the subject.

What's your thoughts/experiences on this subject?

A couple of our local shops appear to do very well. However becoming an LDS owner genreally mean having money to begin with, at least in any larger market.

I'm betting the Kelly's (who just sold Aquanuts) made enough $$$ to never have to worry about money again.... I'm guessing 20Million would be VERY conservitive....

The Cabanna Boy is about the only money maker running right with the lawyers.

Gary D.

RonFrank:
A couple of our local shops appear to do very well. However becoming an LDS owner genreally mean having money to begin with, at least in any larger market.

I'm betting the Kelly's (who just sold Aquanuts) made enough $$$ to never have to worry about money again.... I'm guessing 20Million would be VERY conservitive....

Ron there is no way that Aquanuts sold for 20 million dollars, not even close. if they got 1 million someone overpaid.

rooske41:
Hi All

This is something I 've wondered about on and off over the last 20 years and this forum is the perfect venu to survey on the subject.

What's your thoughts/experiences on this subject?

The best paying jobs are manufacturers reps. SPRO reps with a territory doing over
$3,000,000 X 8% commission=$240,000.00 plus, AQUA-LUNG reps [AQUA-LUNG, SEAQUEST, SUUNTO, APEK, DEEP SEA] @6.5% doing about the same. The most profitable company in diving is PADI, print low, sell high. The average dive store in the US is doing well under $500,000 per annum. These hard working folks are not getting rich quick. Instuctors will tell you the same.

You could sink every penny you own into hunting for a lost treasure ship and hopefully gain salvage rights.

You could also buy a lottery ticket for $1 and have a higher rate of return.

On the serious side. You could work to invent an innovation in gear, patent it and sell manufacturing and distribution rights to an established scuba company. Just make sure you require a royalty if you expect high sales. Force fins come to mind as an example. I hear an individual came up with them to counter a disability.

if you could invent a product that made my wife understand why i have to have it, i'd pay you....

Back
Top Bottom