Poll: What are the most profitable dive careers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rooske41

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi All

This is something I 've wondered about on and off over the last 20 years and this forum is the perfect venu to survey on the subject.

What's your thoughts/experiences on this subject?

You could ask Jessica Alba I suppose.

I think the guys who auction off the assets of failed diveshops do pretty well. :)

Dive product manufacturer, especially if they start out with producing a training agency that later markets the product for them..... :D

PM Mike Ferrara (username MikeFerrara) and ask him. He shut down his dive shop. Not sure if he's still teaching. :wink:

Even in places like Maui it can be pretty hard to make a good living as an instructor. I knew Course Director level (instructor of instructors sort of thing) person in Maui that worked pretty much full time between classes working retail in the dive shop. She made most of her money in the 3 nights she waitressed in a high end restaurant. With the post- 9/11 tourist downturn she couldn't afford to live in Maui any longer.

I'd think the way to go, is become a Deco diver.. make a ton of money.. But its a tough job.. down there for weeks at a time in a small little bell.. tough stuff

MVacc:
I'd think the way to go, is become a Deco diver.. make a ton of money.. But its a tough job.. down there for weeks at a time in a small little bell.. tough stuff

Commercial Divers make very good money, but commercial diving is almost completely unrelated to recreational diving. CDs are essentially underwater construction workers -- welding, cutting, building etc -- with surface supplied air working on bridges. oil wells.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom