Poll: Photogrammetry hands-on workshop in SoCal

Would you attend a 3 day photogrammetry class?

• Yes (but only if free)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to be clear for anybody reading -- the dives we do for the workshop will be recreational depth. No rebreather required. It will likely be either the Yukon or Ruby E. The top of the Yukon starts at about 65' and the sand is 100-ish.
Glad I commented! It gave you the opportunity to clarify.

I haven't really gotten in to photography yet, but I'm fascinated by the wrecks and their history. Maybe I'll move photography up in my priorities, so I can join you in the future (everyone keeps asking me for pictures from my dives already). Too many dives I would like to do, not enough time or money, so hard to choose what to focus on.

I put in a yes vote, but with the caveat that I don't have much experience with a camera underwater, so it depends on when it happened and how strick you are about prereqs.

I am interested but SOCAL isn’t convenient to get to. If you should create an online training tool I would be I interested in learning more.

I didn’t see the box “Yes (but ONLY if it’s on the Bearcat)”…so I just checked Yes!
If anyone is looking for a video to find out about and/or inspire them to try photogrammetry, Becky Kagan Schott put a sweet video out earlier this month:

I'm very interested in this. but probably need another year before i would be ready to do it. Can you ballpark the costs for the class?

I didn’t see the box “Yes (but ONLY if it’s on the Bearcat)”…so I just checked Yes!
If anyone is looking for a video to find out about and/or inspire them to try photogrammetry, Becky Kagan Schott put a sweet video out earlier this month:

Haha. The Bearcat is pretty deep for learning to do photogrammetry. :)

Becky definitely does some amazing work.

- brett

I'm very interested in this. but probably need another year before i would be ready to do it. Can you ballpark the costs for the class?

I haven't figured out the costs exactly, but my ballpark is $1,500 for the three days (which wouldn't include the two dives which would be booked directly with the boat and is about $150).

- brett

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom