poll: HID lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More than a few hours on the Salvo focusable 10w HID. Aside from a few bad HID lamps and a bad batch of latches (which Salvo seems prepared to replace), no problems.

I don't care about these problems. Getting rid of the pistol grip was worth it.

I have the Salvo 21W HID light. I've had for about a year and still love it. In my dive group, there are many DiveRite canisters, and my light is known as the 'lazer'. hehe.

I don't think you can go wrong with either the DR or Salvo, both are good products.

I use a UK HID. Cheap ($180), light-weight and beautiful beam (focused and neutral colour). I get lots of burn time with my rechargeable 4500MAH cells. I could sell my car and get a much cooler canister system, but my wife would kill me:lotsalove:

Ive got a Divers Custom I bought about 11 years ago. It has just under 600 dives on it without a hitch. Still has the original bulb I bought it with. Fantastic burn time, super bright and durable. I couldnt be happier with it's performance and quality build.....

DSC00083.jpg

.......BUT, it's biggest downfall is the converter charging system. It's frikken awkward, heavy and slow. It's the size of a car charger and hard to pack for holidays. Oh, and forget about touching the battery pack after a charge as it's so hot you could fry an egg on it. :11: I took it into a battery shop and they say it's normal. I just take it out of the canister when charging to help it stay a bit cooler.

DSC00084.jpg

Cheers,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom