Politics and Dive Travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I can, I'll avoid traveling to USA and some Europe countries. I enjoy if I already in that countries, but to go there is difficult and hassle process for me as Indonesian.
After 9/11, few years ago took almost 8 months to get short visit visa to USA eventhough I treveled for biz. purpose sponsored by bonafide US company. The visa then useless.
Last week, I fail to get Visa to Norway (not for diving trip) after spent lot of time to complete lot of requirement (incl. 6months bank account, ticket, funny photo requirement, International health insurance, employment letter, hotel booking, ect. ect) just because not enough time for visa application which could take up to 21 days; while my flight was scheduled for next week.

Robint - It's a bit off subject, but I was harrassed by a head DM in the Similans on a liveaboard. I think it was more because I was a woman with a divemaster rating though. It is awful being stuck out at sea on a liveaboard with a bad crew member! Ruined that trip for me and I haven't been on a liveaboard since.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom