Police masked as protesters to incite violence

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see nothing wrong with weeding out the hippie troublemakers any way they can. The truly peaceful ones will just ignore the stuff. The ones there who really are just looking for a fight can introduced to a nightstick. As Eric Cartman would say- "Damn hippies! Oughta kick em in the nuts!"

if they were there to spot the trouble makers then why carry a rock or dress in such a manor if you look around the majority of the poeple were dressed normally. according to the news him carrying a rock was how he was spotted by union leaders.

wardric:
Nope, wasn't there. Both explanations are possible, but I choose to believe the more logical one, while keeping a critical mind about it. Maybe the cops in question DID start trouble, but I doubt (if they did) that they were asked to do it by their superiors.

btw, do you like the DC-310 strobe? (oops, wrong thread :D)

I have PM you for the strobe

Bruce3:
if they were there to spot the trouble makers then why carry a rock or dress in such a manor if you look around the majority of the poeple were dressed normally.
The alst few series of protests in Quebec's (where this incident occurred) involved a large number of people, dressed like the cops, throwing rocks and stuff. The Summit of the Americas resulted in millions of dollars damage due to vandalism. Hence, the paranoia on the side of the cops. I guess they didn't predict the organizers getting their ducks in a row this time...

Bruce3:
according to the news him carrying a rock was how he was spotted by union leaders.
Having seen several interviews with the union leaders, I wouldn't believe at face value what he says. In the past week I've seen maybe 3 different accounts, on thee different news stations, all from the same union leader. It seems the later on things get, the more wild his claims are getting. Its gone from "I spotted them" to "they were trying to start fights", to "they were fighting".

Bryan

It's kind of sad when you think about it that the police would need to put under cover operatives into a peaceful protest.

Bethjd:
It's kind of sad when you think about it that the police would need to put under cover operatives into a peaceful protest.

Problem is that historically speaking these protests were not peaceful. Hopefully this one represents a new trend, and that peaceful ones will become the norm, not the exception.

Bryan

There's a history of police informants instigating violence in the groups they were supposed to be just providing information on.

Bethjd:

Unfortunately there are a lot of groups who show up to protests, ANY protests, just to instigate violence.

It is THOSE groups that the police are most interested in, and why undercover operatives are placed in protests.

Bethjd:

when people go to peaceful protest they don't cover up their faces if you look you will see that there was lots of "PEACEFUL PROTESTER" that were hidding their faces. if you hide your face it is because you are up to something. It is because of a bunch of "NO GOOD UP TO NOTHING PUNKS" that security has to do certain action. I think that the law should be change and that anybody that attend a protest should be arrested if they cover their faces. If you want to protest and you really think that your cause is right then you should not be affraid to show your face.

Warthaug:
Problem is that historically speaking these protests were not peaceful. Hopefully this one represents a new trend, and that peaceful ones will become the norm, not the exception.

Bryan

Maybe that's been due to the cops. Maybe before they just never were exposed eh?

You know America has a reputation for being an aggressive nation... this news makes me think. What if it wasn't our president that invaded Iraq... what if it was a Canadian cop dressed like our president?

Back
Top Bottom