polespear guide/lesson needed at Alabama Point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShagMan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So, I'm the proud owner of a polespear and dive flag and my $6 spearfish add-on to my combo license, and I'd like to get some experience sticking flounder.

Who's up for taking me out? I'm good for anyday from today through next saturday (I'm off work all week).

I assume this activity would be better performed at night, and at a high(ish) tide right? So early in the AM?

You are correct, if you are solid on wanting to do it at Alabama Point Jetties, high tide is optimal.

I'll be working mornings, but maybe sometime in the afternoon during the week at the Whiskey(tides aren't an issue)?

Works for me, just gimme a call... I don't have any plans whatsoever for the week, except a boat trip next Sunday on the Down Under with Robert "lost my wingnuts" Grimes :)

LOL, whenever I get my schedule, I'll give you a call. I know I'm out of town Tues and Wed in New Orleans, so maybe Thursday night?

Whenever you can break free is great, just lemme know!

Anyone else gonna be diving in the area this week?

I can get over there and have been thinking about doing a little fish sticking myself. Do you happen to know how much the license are for out of state folks.

Still looking for some dive buddies this week... I'm sitting at home, bored, and it's only Monday, I got ALL WEEK plus this coming weekend!

I may be good for a Thursday early afternoon dive as well as a thursday night dive. I'm scheduled to be Pensacola, it'll just depend on how big the jobs are.

Back
Top Bottom