Point Lobos report – kick ass conditions!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

h3o

Reaction score
:guitar:

Point Lobos was rocking today! super lake-calm water, 40'-50' visibility, tons of fish, surface temp was 68F, bottom temp was 59, and it was a bright, sunny and clear day! Everyone there was saying it was the best visibility they've ever seen at P. Lobos. I wish I can go back tomorrow, but we only had reservations for today. I've heard the visibility has been good all along the coast since Thursday. I will be diving Monastery and outer Breakwater tomorrow though, hopefully conditions along the coast will remain the same. get out and dive! conditions are too good to miss!

// Friday, 9/5/03

Wow! Amazing conditions. Much better than the 50 degrees we just felt there. We saw a couple of divers who forgot hoods, and it was quite a sight to see how c-c-c-c-cold they were.
:guitar:

I can't bellieve it... conditions there are better than here on Catalina. Clear Highway One- here I come!

Dr. Bill

both were nice today and last night.

Vis at Breakwater during the night dive was 30-35ft., and the water temp was above 60F.

Today, at Lovers, the vis was 25+ and the water temp was high 50's...(haven't downloaded the computer yet).

Monterey overall today looked lake-like...very little surge, and relatively calm. Didn't get to Monestary though.

Damn......

All I'm saying is that these conditions had better last until I actually have time to get wet again.......

Rob

ERP once bubbled...
Damn......

All I'm saying is that these conditions had better last until I actually have time to get wet again.......

Rob

Dude....We need to break you out of the weekend warrior mode so you can join us. :)

Sean

Back
Top Bottom