Point Lobos-Montana Video Blue Waters 70' viz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DocWong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Last Thursday, I got a chance to go to Montana via scooters! While the viz in the cove was about 20' and Granite Wall was about 30', the waters were extremely calm with the viz opening up, the deeper we went.

We scootered past Granite wall going NNW to a large rock called Cross Roads, and from there went a bit further, tieing off the reel to do the short traverse to Montana. We were rewarded with ever improving viz!

Here's the video:

http://www.baue.org/images/galleries/v/videos/montana_6_11.html

Max depth 155, 90 minutes, 50 degrees or so. Felt really warm though.

I'm starting to think you guys are ringers...flying off to exotic tropical locations for the weekend and shooting video in crystal clear water! Great job as usual Doc, and I really like the choice of music too.

Very nice! I am always so amazed by the beauty we get to dive in!

Mark wants to know how you manage to hold the scooter and the camera whilst playing classical Spanish guitar underwater. He's impressed. :dork2:

Nice, Doc!

I'm starting to think you guys are ringers...flying off to exotic tropical locations for the weekend and shooting video in crystal clear water! Great job as usual Doc, and I really like the choice of music too.

I guess you've never seen the Doc's other video... The Apollo Moon Landing :)

That looks like the conditions we had over the 11th and 12th of May -- incredible viz, and ambient light at amazing depths. There is SO much color in Monterey! Thanks for sharing the video.

Very nice! I am always so amazed by the beauty we get to dive in!

Mark wants to know how you manage to hold the scooter and the camera whilst playing classical Spanish guitar underwater. He's impressed. :dork2:

Yes, we dive in an area rivaling anyplace on the planet. Just when I'm starting to get to know Point Lobos relatively well, the threat of it closing has me a bit freaked! Anyway if it all goes by the wayside, we're forming a non-profit consortium to take over the running of Point Lobos!

On being able to scooter, video and play classical Spanish guitar, it just takes a bit of practice, helps to be used to holding your light in your left hand. You should see me in my swimming pool with all the gear. The hardest part is to get the acoustics right in the water! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom