Point Lobos dive (Saturday 11/1/08)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gombessa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This Saturday, we had the best Norcal vis I've ever seen. Ben and Don joined us (whizzing in and out on their scoots) on a long, early dive to middle reef and then out to granite point wall and back. We could easily see the top of middle reef from the surface, and the viz opened up even more outside the cove, I'd have to say about 60-70ft, but it's hard to judge when it's so clear :shocked2:

It's amazing how different the landscape appears when you have a wide angle vista, and we were able to get way out behind GPW and poke around some enormous reef structure. That's about when I saw my first Norcal shark - a leopard that seemed to be about 5ft long (who knows, really). Luckily we did get it on video.

The rain and swells were really picking up when we ended the dive around noontime, so these pristine conditions may not have lasted very long.

1 hour 21 mins, 67fsw, 60-70ft viz. Wow.

Next week is probably MacAbee, but we'd love to stop by Lovers and say hello at the M&G!

man, that kills me. I was out at pt. lobos with michelle the week before you and it was the complete opposite of your conditions. The time before that I forgot my camera! I dont think I will ever get to take photos in good conditions there.

Badazz!!! I am jealous...

Kenn, there is an X-Scooter for sale local, asking price is $2500. Might have your name on it?? Given a choice that is the scooter I would have. Mako's are my second choice, and my current scooter. Mine has a few modifications to make it usable.

Kenn amazing! I was at lobos on Friday and it was pretty good, but not that good. I need to start getting into the habit of making weekend Lobos reservations. I was at breakwater and we could see the metridium from the surface... mainly only because they were white, but you could still make em out. From about 20fsw when the vis is as good as it was, that place looks ginormous! Too bad Sunday had to ruin things.

Badazz!!! I am jealous...

Kenn, there is an X-Scooter for sale local, asking price is $2500. Might have your name on it?? Given a choice that is the scooter I would have. Mako's are my second choice, and my current scooter. Mine has a few modifications to make it usable.

Too late... the scooters are sold...

I was at breakwater and we could see the metridium from the surface... mainly only because they were white, but you could still make em out.

Wow, now that I've never experienced. I'd be totally stoked to see the metridium fields on a day of stellar viz!

Everyone in the market for a Sierra right now is super freakin lucky. I think my diving budget is blown for a little while (at least for big purchases), so maybe I'll have to wait until the Cuda II comes out in order to find good used deals again. If I can't wait, a Mako would certainly do. But it still seems like a late-2009 proposition to me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom