Pockets (for stuff) for BP/W (WTX harness)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would have suggest this option to the OP... but I don't think they work on 'comfort/deluxe' type harness.... just on Hog webbing ones.

I understand... I didn't realize there were different types of harness, mine feels very comfy and when new it looked pretty luxurious (at least to me), granted that was in the 90's.

I thought the only options were about plate shape/weight and wing shape/lift/bladder. So how can you change the harness? besides crotch strap or not, what else is there that goes in the portion of the webbing around the waist?

Pockets glued onto both thighs of all my wetsuits. I have a dive rite that sildes onto the belt and one that has a loop that slides on and fastens on the thigh just like a thigh pocket. Only had it because my first drysuit only had one pocket. Now the one I have has two. I will also use it if just using a skin -too flimsy for a pocket. The slide on one I only use in the pool with my express tech.

I use a Dive Rite 2-zipper pocket that looks like this one, but mine doesn't have mesh, just the woven fabric. Dive Rite Mesh Two-Zipper Pocket - Dive Rite BCD Utility Pockets

It's good for a storm whistle, slate, small finds, a mesh bag or two, lens caps I forget to leave topside, and such. It doesn't bellow, so capacity is not great, but it's low profile.

It appears there are a number of different sized pockets that will thread over 2" webbing.

I use X-shorts for use in the tropics. Either by themselves when water temps are warmer or over top of my 3mm when cooler. This way, I dive the same way with my x-shorts or my drysuit. This makes storing equipment identical for all situations.

I have the Halcyon explorer pockets, on both wetsuits, 7mm and 5mm. What a difference they make.

Lots of excellent pockets to chose from!
Cheers guys!

Here's another for the glue on pocket on your wet suit. I got used to having the pockets on my drysuit, and was using a strap-on thigh pocket when wet. I finally decided to get the XS Scuba pockets and glued one on my 3mm for a recent two week trip to Micronesia. It performed exactly as it should without the hassle of dealing with the strap-on. Much of my other gear is bungied, clipped or tied to the backplate or harness.

My LDS recommended and I'll repeat it, use the Seal Cement rather than Aquaseal. It is IMHO easy to work with and creates a better seal.

The H pockets work fine with the cinch if you use the supplied extra webbing bit.
Works fine bolted as is to the backpate too, if you can reach it?

Back
Top Bottom