Pockets for Apeks BP/W?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

proyce

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will be getting a new Apeks BP/W. I tried one this past weekend and absolutely loved it. My question is: How and/or where do I carry some extra stuff, such as slate/notes, safety saugage, whistle, tables, etc? Can I buy an attachable pocket for that stuff?

I put pockets on my drysuit legs for the stuff I don't want to clip off to a D-ring. You can definately get a pocket for your harness though. Several dive manufacturers make them, or you could buy something that'll work from just about any army surplus store.

I use a BP/W and decided to attach a pocket to my wetsuit. There are different ways to attach a pocket each with their own advantages and disadvantages. I decided to glue my pocket on and it has held up fairly well. If you want I can find the threads I used as a guide.

I got a pocket for my OMS BP/W, but I found it difficult to use effectively. You will likely find it is easier to use a thigh pocket. I got a 2 in elastic band from a local fabric store, looped it through the straps on the pocket, and use the pocket as a thigh pocket (I don't have a drysuit to attach it to...)

When diving wet, I use x-shorts.
http://www.dive-xtras.com/

I heard you can also make these yourself, but i just spent 90 buck on a pair from 5thd-x.
Only had one problem so far: after about 20 dives or so on them one of the pockets ripped out. (I thin I may have caught it on a wreak, but i didnt lose the contents as thay were clipped in via bungie loops) The next day I called Dive-Xtras and sent them back, and a new pair arrived at my house within 2 weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom