Pockets and pouches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveMaven

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My husband is an underwater photographer and has 2 add-on lenses for his camera. One is a wide angle, rather large, and the other a macro lens, much smaller in size. He dives a Zeagle Ranger LTD and was having trouble figuring out how to carry these lenses in a secure way that also prevented damage/scratching. The regular pockets on the side of the Ranger are just not easily accessable to pull the lenses quickly and easily. He already has an add-on utility pocket for his dive light, so that wasn't going to work, plus putting both lenses in one pocket was just asking for scratches.

The simple solution presented itself when ScottZeagle announced that Zeagle now makes add-on shoulder weight pockets. It turns out that the size is PERFECT for his macro lens and mounting it on his shoulder made it easy to access and completely out of the way.

The wide angle lens presented another challenge due to it's bulk, but all it took was a relatively simple modification of the roll down pocket that came with my Zena to solve the dilemma. I simply shortened the mesh portion, providing the perfect sized pocket.

Moral of the story, if you need extra pockets, don't feel stuck with what Zeagle tells you the pockets were designed for, or which BC they claim to be for. Be creative and it's likely you'll find exactly what you need.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom