plus size wet suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lori,

What temp waters are you looking to dive? Local to you in FL or somewhere warmer or somewhere colder?

If it's Florida or warmer, make sure to check out the Henderson Hyperstretch. They are very forgiving and conform to one's body quite well.

If you want a thicker / warmer wetsuit, make sure to check out the men's sizes. With the men's wetsuit I wore for years, I simply needed to fold the sleeves up a couple inches. Could have cut 'em off but the turned up cuffs made a good seal with my gloves.

Custom would be nice, but you may not need to go that way.

Paula

Diver Dennis:
Give Larry at Scuba Toys a call. A Henderson Hyperstretch might be just the ticket...

After a few nightmare ordeals with a couple of online dive shops (JDA , LP)
I came across Scuba toys. larry is the best. easy to deal with
and commited to help you get the best equiptment at the best price

this one is a no brainer. Call Liquid Fit. They will put you in a perfect suit!!!!!!!

Triple L and they have great pricing....... :)
I have a XXL from them right offthe rack.. not custom..

I am 6 feet tall and wear a size 18 so you should have no problem getting a suit from them that will fit nicely....

If you go the route with them you can still set 2 wet suits for what one Henderson Hyperstretch will cost!!

saltwater taffy:
this one is a no brainer. Call Liquid Fit. They will put you in a perfect suit!!!!!!!

You beat me to mentioning Carolyn and Liquidfit.com. They are the best!! My family and I have 8 (I personally have 3). We have a suit from a size 6 to a really big guy and we love them all.

Becky

sossier:
Hey lori, I am a size 20 as well but in my full wet suit I am a 14. maybe you dont need a 20 as you think.

Sarah
Try the Harvey's Flex. I work at a LDS part time and have fitted many women in them. Before they came out, we used to have a much harder time fitting women, and used to suggest custom suits much more often. Good Luck
C-Dawg

nauifins73:
You beat me to mentioning Carolyn and Liquidfit.com. They are the best!! My family and I have 8 (I personally have 3). We have a suit from a size 6 to a really big guy and we love them all.

Becky

Yes, another nudge for LiquidFit from us, wife and I have 2 liquid fits each...our long sleeve shorties have the slick metallic lining, very comfortable with a nice seal on the skin...and fit perfectly...the most comfortable wetsuit I've ever had on...

I've got a few Hendersons, and the Hyperstretch can't be beat. However, they are cut pretty full in the hips and thighs. They will work very well for a more bottom-heavy figure in your normal size. However, if you need them to fit a more top-heavy figure, you might want to go down one or two sizes. That way, the top can stretch out and the bottom will probably fit just right. JMO. I'm about to test my theory, in the market for a different size.

Foo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom