Plus-size Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went to a DUI demo days thing and it was my first time trying a drysuit. Every suit they let me try was very short and uncomfortable. Im 5'9" and a very large woman. I did like the option of extending my diving season tho, so being stubborn I ordered a custom fit. omg the difference. Its wonderful and I can actually move my legs now lol.

Where did you order your drysuit and how long did it take to get it. I ordered a custom suit through by LDS about 6 mos ago from Poseiden and still haven't gotten it.

jstuart1:
Where did you order your drysuit and how long did it take to get it. I ordered a custom suit through by LDS about 6 mos ago from Poseiden and still haven't gotten it.

??!!!! You're kidding!!! I ordered mine from DUI and had it in 4 weeks. Six months is TOTALLY unacceptable in my opinion. If that were me, I'd've been screaming bloody murder and have cancelled that order months ago...(but then, I'm like that :wink:).

SadiesMom:
??!!!! You're kidding!!! I ordered mine from DUI and had it in 4 weeks. Six months is TOTALLY unacceptable in my opinion. If that were me, I'd've been screaming bloody murder and have cancelled that order months ago...(but then, I'm like that :wink:).

Same here and that was from the time they took the measurments.

jstuart1:

Ordered it thru the LDS but we got DUI on the tele from there to make the deal. We got measured at a demo dog days rallys. dui was really great and gave us every discount imaginable. Sometimes your LDS just needs a push in the right direction lol

Thanks for the info. Since I haven't paid anything yet it has been much easier to be patient. The LDS has called them multiple times trying to get it here. I am ready to try elsewhere now. Do you know of a shop in the Houston area that deals with DUI custom suits?

jstuart1:
Thanks for the info. Since I haven't paid anything yet it has been much easier to be patient. The LDS has called them multiple times trying to get it here. I am ready to try elsewhere now. Do you know of a shop in the Houston area that deals with DUI custom suits?

The DUI website (www.dui-online.com ) lists OCEANIC VENTURES 2715 Bissonnet, Suite 302 Houston TX 77005 713-523-3483 as their Houston area dealer. (But I don't know Texas well, and there are other listed in towns I don't recognize, so you might want to check for yourself to see if any are closer to you.) They can explain the difference between the packages available for custom suits as well....(i.e. Special Production versus Signature Series). Best of luck to you and let us know what you decide to do.... :)

ScubaTwo:
Ordered it thru the LDS but we got DUI on the tele from there to make the deal.

Same process here, really - my LDS is a DUI dealer. I ordered it through them. They did the measurements and they faxed the order to DUI. I got a good price being a DM with the shop, plus I bought it on the state's tax amnesty day :D It still wasn't "cheap," but I'm not regretting the purchase in the least. It's already one of my most treasured possessions. And although it's really "girly" of me to say this...it's really PRETTY, too (black with a royal purple overlay and gray piping)! ROFLMAO (What can I say? I'll never be DIR :D)

Back
Top Bottom