Please recommend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you go to the Hockey Fin page ( Force Fin Hockey Force ) it shows the purple. I would suspect based on both the picture and Bob's love of true purple, that it is really purple. The color looks close to the color of my wife's Excellerators and they are REALLY PURPLE.:D:D

The text lists Red and Blue as available colors in the XXL - so maybe they have them in Red but just don't have a picture or a checkbox for that color yet. I know they are working on a website upgrade. I would suggest you PM Bob and ask him if they have them in Red.

From what I have heard, the blues are gorgeous. I have the Yellow - my wife like them on me so she can find me when I'm upside down taking pictures. :D

And you can't go wrong with the Black.

Excelent. I mailed them, now we just wait. Ordered by stuff from leisurepro. Hopefully our dive shop will forgive us. We will still buy a safety sausage from them, because it is half the price compared to leisurepro :)

My girlfriend decided to go for the black/yellow Tusa split fins and I want the red fins. I think I read a post somewhere else where you wrote about your yellow fins. So that inspired us to get more visible. Also it is very difficult in a group of 12 people to find your buddy sometimes. This weekend another girl thought I was her partner and she had a huge fright when I looked at her after she grabbed my hand :)

I am just worried about looking like a christmas tree :)

The Tusa splits will not work for wreck penetration diving. Nothing wrong with splits for reef diving.

BioFins were my fins of choice for a long time because they were easy on my knees.

My wife has used Tusa splits and BioFins in the past but since I convinced her to try the "funny looking" fins she has been hooked. She used to have problems with foot cramps with the others but that is no longer a problem since switching.

Most new divers go through several iteration before settling on the gear they use for years - few get it "right" the first time. Besides some of the fun is in the exploration. :wink:

I am in the process of ordering the fins. Just waiting for their final reply about payment. They don't have fins in stock so I need to wait for the next batch. I will just have to hire fins for my advanced course and Fiji

It is my understanding that the Hockey Fin was originally designed for a user that is a close friend of Bob's. It was initially designed to fit his needs, so only molds for XL and XXL were produced (each size takes a different mold). After a couple of pairs and modifications were made, Bob decided to produce a few pairs and offer them for testing, to see what the reaction was and also test a new urethane material (how did it feel and was it going to have a long life). There have been a number of "tweeks" made to both the design and the material during this time, so it did not make sense to invest in a bunch of molds before he had what he considered a "proven design. I believe since the tests have gone well over the past 2 years, that he will be making the molds for the other sizes in the future. Force Fin is a small business, so they can't afford to make a bunch of molds and fins until they are sure the design is right (not like Scuba Pro and their NOVA fins where they came out with a second "improved" version within a year and replaced a whole bunch of the originals due to failures).

I know Bob is currently in the middle of relocating both his office and some of his production operations, so things are a little slow in happening right now. I also know he is looking at using the new material for some of the existing designs since it's performance is superior to even the Tan Delta material, but that is another experiment. :wink:
I love the fact that Bob is always looking for improvements to what is already a superior product.

Thanks, TN. All Force Fin's have been tested for at least five years before they hit the market. We have never made fin model's that fall apart after a few hundred dives, and then replace with another problem.

Bob, I know I've been silent on here for a while, but Underwater Hockey Nationals is coming up again this summer and I would love to have a pair of Hockey's in L. As much as I love my Rescue fins, the extra power of the Hockey is a blast

Meesier, for you my friend, let me see what I can do???. The fin blade is done, just sitting now for a half year on the work bench. Just needs a large foot pocket...sounds simple, but I will muster up the energy. Thanks for your support in this project you created. Best, Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom