Suggestion Please quit moving the Emily threads!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
H

halocline

Contributor
Reaction score
For those of us with deep interest in the current situation on Cozumel, your moderator's moving/combining threads on Emily is a real pain. Now I have to wade through a 13 page thread? Please put these threads back where they were, so that those of us following them can more easily keep track of what's going on. Why are you doing this? It's not helping anybody... I could see archiving the threads combined at some later date, but many of us (I'll be there Thursday) are trying to easily and quickly get new information.

Ok, lets do the math on this one.

I want to find info on an upcoming trip, I can check one thread or 12 as stated in the Coz thread you are concerned about? As an analogy, I need to buy a car, I can either drive around and visit every dealership in the city or I can look online to see what I like from the comfort of my own home.....

We had plenty of hurricanes here last year and I found the huge amount of threads last summer a real pain to search through to find any info and each was being updated by the same or different people with the same info over and over again. It seemed like a waste of effort to me, maybe some people just accept it and work with it and others dont?

I agree with spring diver... I prefer the the threads combined... easier to click to the last page of the thread for the most current info than go through 20 different threads...

c-monkey:
I agree with spring diver... I prefer the the threads combined... easier to click to the last page of the thread for the most current info than go through 20 different threads...

Which is exactly why they're being combined...

When topics are extremely similar they are combined, if a new thread is started on something different (i.e. another hurricane, another issue with a current hurricane, etc...) they should not be combined. If you feel there is a new and unique post being improperly merged with an old one please let me know via Private Message.

I agree Mattboy. And to use the buying the car anology, if I already had communication with a particular dealer, and liked the communication and sale price that was there, I would only want to go back to that one dealer, I wouldnt want to continue to drive all over town.

Back
Top Bottom