Please pray for the Atchison Family (ABWA)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Docc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For those who dive at ABWA, Karen had baby Cayden James late Tuesday night and it was a very stressful delivery. Cayden wasn't breathing and they had to move him to NICU at UAB hospital. Little Cayden is having a very rough time of it right now. Please keep Cayden, Karen, and Stephen in your prayers during this very difficult time.

Below is a Facebook link to updates about Cayden James Atchison:

Prayers for Cayden

n141439390839_8940.jpg

Thanks Docc. I certainly will pray for them.

Thanks for letting us know.

Oh thats sad. They are very good people. I will keep them in my prayers.

I wish the very best for the family, they will be very much in my thoughts and prayers.

Lord God - I pray your presence to be with this family in this terrifying time. I pray for healing for their baby boy Cayden. Lord, bless the doctors and medical staff that they maybe directed in treatment efforts and healing may come quickly. Lord give the parents strength and comfort, surround them with love. Lord may your will be done - in Jesus holy and powerful name - Amen.

Carolyn:shark2:

Are there any updates?

Little Cayden was taken off the ventilator last night and has been breathing on his own now. He has showed some response to touch and kidneys and bowels are functioning which a good sign. The docs are going to begin raising his body temp back to normal in the morning and hopefully he won't have seizures during this process. Once his body temp is normal and they reduce the sedation it will be more evident what the residual effects maybe.

I talked with Stephen and he and Karen are not sleeping much, as you can imagine. The next few days will be very emotional and they, along with Cayden, will need all the prayers they can get.

Posted via Mobile Device

Please continue to keep the Atchison family in your thoughts and prayers. Cayden's test results showed "extensive" brain damage and he's is still not breathing deeply enough. Karen and Stephen have said thanks to everyone for their concern and especially for the prayers during this very hard time.

Lord God - I pray your presence to be with this family in this terrifying time. I pray for healing for their baby boy Cayden. Lord, bless the doctors and medical staff that they maybe directed in treatment efforts and healing may come quickly. Lord give the parents strength and comfort, surround them with love. Lord may your will be done - in Jesus holy and powerful name - Amen. Carolyn

Carolyn, What a beautiful prayer!

Just from the little time we have been around ABWA ...its obvious that it is a warm and loving place.... a big family...the Atchison, the instructors and all the regulars. This young family will feel the love and support of many.

Last edited:
My last son was premature...God blessed us and gave him back to us..He is at Auburn now getting his degree. I pray for healing. He is the one that got me into diving in the first place. That is why I am here now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom