please help us choose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would recommend Mabul Island, then you'll get to dive in Mabul, Sipadan & Kapalai! 3 islands on one trip, definitely a good value for money! You'll also get the best of both world, the big fishes & macro since you and your husband are underwater photographers. You may check out some of my photos I took from those islands at our website:
www.oceanxplorer.com.my

Apart from diving, you may also visit parks in the Borneo region, since you're planning to spend more than 10 days during your trip. :)

Happy Diving!

Ed.

Keep Those Bubbles Flowing! :scubadive

Wow,, this place is definitly will be on my destination list for my big trip to SE Asia on may this year. Need more detail on your trip to the island in kalimantan, which dive operator do u use or alternate operator, money wise, etc
please check my tread on the forum :
http://www.scubaboard.com/t85095-.html

Cheers

Many thanks to everyone for your tips and suggestions!

We have finally made the plan and bought the tickets, and we have decided to go to Australia for 2 weeks, including one week spent on the Nimrod Explorer liveaboard diving the Great Barrier Reef and Coral Sea. We're leaving March 17th and can't wait!!

The other locations we were considering are still definitely on our shortlist for trips to take over the next few years!

pigletfish:
Many thanks to everyone for your tips and suggestions!

We have finally made the plan and bought the tickets, and we have decided to go to Australia for 2 weeks, including one week spent on the Nimrod Explorer liveaboard diving the Great Barrier Reef and Coral Sea. We're leaving March 17th and can't wait!!

The other locations we were considering are still definitely on our shortlist for trips to take over the next few years!

Nice, say Hi to Dennis(The Tall Duchies, can't miss it) and Paul for me while you're in Nimron. Keep your eyes open while you're diving at Pixie Pinnacle, check out the fire clam, they're awesome. And Stevie's Bommies. And don't foreget to take lots of pic of GBR, while you're taking scenic plane tour to Cape Town.
While you're here, why not check out Adelaide for Leaffy seadragon, you won't see it anywhere else in the world except South Australia Adelaide, I mean Easy Spotting ^.

Cheers

Bon

I can tell you about option 5. This year will be my 3rd year diving Malaysia - amongst the best dives I've ever done. I am a regular at Sipadan-Kapalai (now Kapalai only because they were respectful enough to clear off the island of Sipadan as requested) and went to Layang-Layang last year. Both amazing places, with dropoffs, and pelagics - 'only' 3 hammerheads on 1 dive in the big blue in Layang Layang, but lucky enough to hit a whole school of 30 in Sipadan where they were not expected. It's world class. Now that one cannot dive in Sipadan I will stay at Kapalai - had good experience with them as well, and great macro piccies. Accommodations are comfortable and roomy. I've heard good thing about Mabul as well. If you stay with Sipadan-Kapalai resort, they have a resort near Sepilok at the orangutan rehabilitation centre - a place to see once, although it can resemble a zoo on the week-ends.

Hope this helps,
Emma in Montreal

Back
Top Bottom