Please help my wife find a westuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan G

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife is having the darndest time finding a full length 3 mil wetsuit that fits comfortably. She tried the full length version of the shorty that fits her great, but no go. She has used 1.5 mil pants and a shirt to go over the shorty, (plus a beanie) but after a couple of days of diving she is cold with that set up that is still rather thin.

She is petite and typical dimensions/ sizes don't work very well. She is 5'3" and 115 lbs.

She has done some searching on line and tried to order from megastore and wetsuit wearhouse. Both times she found a suit that should fit her, they were sold out.

If anyone has any suggestions as to where else to look, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Dan

My wife is 5'3" and 125, also has difficulty, we got her a bare velocity 3/2mm and it fits very good in size 6. Maybe a size 5 for your wife, the super stretchy neoprene is a very big help in fitting a wide variety. Good luck.

You can get a custom suit from Oceanos delivered from Greece for prices that are competitive with off-the-rack suits in the US. They don’t list 3mm suits but will make whatever you ask. One exception might be if you are very particular about styling and cut. That is difficult and/or expensive with any custom suit maker.

I have one of their custom 7mm two-piece freediving suits and will soon order a 3mm suit for travel. Just describe what you want and Spiros will reply. Once/if you come to an agreement you can take the measurements and E-mail to him. Make sure you specify that the suit is for Scuba rather than freediving (different material). Send links on suits that you like, but don’t fit, to help describe what you want if necessary.

There are also custom suit makers in the US that are good, but expect to pay about $100 above their stock price for custom.

Look into Fourth Element wetsuits

My wife is having the darndest time finding a full length 3 mil wetsuit that fits comfortably. She tried the full length version of the shorty that fits her great, but no go. She has used 1.5 mil pants and a shirt to go over the shorty, (plus a beanie) but after a couple of days of diving she is cold with that set up that is still rather thin.

She is petite and typical dimensions/ sizes don't work very well. She is 5'3" and 115 lbs.

She has done some searching on line and tried to order from megastore and wetsuit wearhouse. Both times she found a suit that should fit her, they were sold out.

If anyone has any suggestions as to where else to look, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Dan

Shes sounds like she has the dimensions of a lot of Asian gals. The brands that seem to fit more petite women are Scubapro, Pinnacle, Bare. If you are on the leisurepro site you try to chat with a Miyuki one of the online advisors.

I believe the scubapro oneflex might be a good fit.

Call Connie at Wetwear. I'm guessing they are now getting ready for DEMA but you should still be able to get ahold of them. Expect to take a whole lot of measurements but well worth it. My 3 mil from them feels like a second skin and with the wrist and leg zippers is the easiest suit I've ever put on. And it is damn near as warm as my 5 mil merino elastiprene. I'll never buy another off the rack suit and from now on only buy from Wetwear. And they will put pockets on the thighs. A must for me.

Why wetsuit mfg's don't offer them as a standard feature is beyond me and another reason I'll not consider any other brand.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. She ordered a suit from online scuba the other night. We'll see how it goes.

Without a doubt a custom suit would be best for Jo. However, with a time constraint she bought a couple suits on line and bought one from an LDS. The LDS suit, aqualung, fit best and that's what she brought to Cozumel. After a couple of days she is very comfortable and warmer than usual.

I appreciate you letting me crash your subforum on behalf of my wife.

I am 5'3", 130lbs, medium bust. I have tried and tried to order dive apparel online (wetsuits, etc). My problem is that I am slightly long in the torso for my height, but fairly built in the legs and butt due to years of competitive swimming. You may get lucky trying to narrow down your options online, but for a truly good fit, you really should send her into a local dive shop and have her buy one there. I have yet to walk into a dive shop who won't price match a credible website. Even the exact same brand and size could possibly still have a slight size variance to the one tried on in the store.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom