Please C&C my Mexico photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMG_1474_066.jpg
Some good advice so far. I don't have a huge problem with the composition of the turtle shot. If you'd shot a string of six you might have gotten lucky and caught him lifting his head up, or further up the slope of the reef, where he'd be more level with the lens. I like the blur of motion from his left flippper--extra credit if you selected a slower shutter speed to create the effect.

I have a similar shot that came out better (but far from perfect). I tried to get level with my subject but, like your turtle, mine didn't fully cooperate. I got really close--this was taken with a 35 mm lens. And I lit my subject with my strobe (I only had one when I took this picture) and metered for the background.

turtle_sip1.jpg

Level is good(below pic), but how bout 'looking' slightly upwards(above, 1st pic----same turtle)
IMG_1471_063.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom