Playing around with photoshop... test...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

friscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
underwater-slideshow2.gif

Been trying to figure out how to do a basic slideshow without using a slideshow program. Hopefully I got it.

Nice!!!

I envy all of you with photography skills..... I am photographically "challenged" :D

Best wishes.

Hi Steve: Monty here. Nice job, great shots. Did you get your new camera yet??
Carol and I are already booking our month for next year. I'll keep in touch. Tell Bob and Cathy I said Hi.

Hi Monty. No new camera yet, probably next month, then the housing may be a month or two behind depending on how busy the summer is. I'll say hi to Bob and Cathy for you. See you next year.

Leadturn, it's mostly about shooting a whole heck of a lot of pictures and throwing away almost all of it... practice helps too. Thanks for the compliment.

Steve

Yep. It works. You'll want to increase the slide intervals. When you use a GIF like that, it indexes down to 256 colors though. You would probably want to use a 3rd party plugin solution or maybe embed Flash to retain more colors.

I'm waiting 'til I can justify picking up an Olympus Pen e-pl1. The camera's little more pricey than a G11, but the housing and strobes add up to a much more expensive package. I'm real tempted with a G11 or a Canon S90 because they're small enough to carry around, but I really want to try the next level. Don't know how much I'll shoot it once I get it, I'll probably start diving all my days off again for a while once I do for a while.

Steve

Yep. It works. You'll want to increase the slide intervals. When you use a GIF like that, it indexes down to 256 colors though. You would probably want to use a 3rd party plugin solution or maybe embed Flash to retain more colors.

3rd party is the way to go, I'm just trying some different stuff using what I have on hand. I want to use it some some without going real high end, I'm not really shooting for photo quality on the slideshow. If I was looking for something more "professional", I'd probably kick a few bucks to Animmoto. I looked into flash, but got to talking with some guys a little more technically inclined than I that mentioned Steve Jobs won't let Mac support it, kinda limits things. Thanks for the suggestions, maybe at some point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom