Playa Del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yak:
Soggy, I'll be arriving (PDC) the day you're heding back.

There's no comparison between Coz and PDC reefs. PDC, while somewhat protected by Coz, is still exposed, and thus, the viz is significantly less. Last April, the avg viz on my dives was about 60 feet. In Coz, it's probably 100 or more.

But, in PDC you do have the cenotes in your backyard. PM me if you would like more information on the package pricing I have received in my inquiries with Tank-Ha and DiveMike. (I think I'm going with Mike).

Both operations are pretty good. Dive Mike is a smaller operator than Tank Ha and I think you will have more personalized service dealing with Mike and his staff.

I dove the reefs off PDC and was not impressed at all. From my experience, those reefs can't even be compared to COZ. Maybe it was just those particular reefs. However, the cenotes are just great. I Dove Grand Cenote and Angilita; They were both awesome. When I go back to PDC, I'm going to skip the ocean dives and do strictly cenote diving.l

My $.02

Barracuda2

Barracuda2:
When I go back to PDC, I'm going to skip the ocean dives and do strictly cenote diving.l

My $.02

Barracuda2

Ahmen

I'm with you on that one. Only the caves for me.

Pez de Diablo:
Ahmen

I'm with you on that one. Only the caves for me.
Stayed at the Reef Club in Playa last summer. The beach was calm and clear, however nothing to see but sand. I'm actually going back in March. Found a great dive shop there. Dive Mike. Cozumel is better diving by far but Playa is good, if you want cenotes go to Akumal, your closer.
one thing I like about Playa is Playa its self but in truth the main reason I'm going back is we are meeting some friends there from France and we could't seem to work out a package together at the same Hotel for some reason. :froggy: :froggy:

Hi,

You asked about snorkeling... The cenotes are amazing. Also, just a short ride down from PdC you can get some great snorkeling at Yal-Ku lagoon in Akumal. Have a great time!! :)

agree with others - can't compare Cozumel and playa diving.
If you stay in Playa do cenotes.

What we have done is we are staying/diving on Cozumel and in the evening go to Playa to meet friends and have good dinner.

Shopping is muuch better inland than on inland - cheaper and more to choose from.

Stayed at Reef Club last November..although ratings werent real high..thought it was perfect..cld not beat the price..staff was wonderful and beach not bad..close to ferry to Coz and many other activities..I will go back to Reef Club..

Stayed at Reef Club last November..although ratings werent real high..thought it was perfect..cld not beat the price..staff was wonderful and beach not bad..close to ferry to Coz and many other activities..I will go back to Reef Club..last report says beach bad shape tho..from Hurricane Emily..might want to check their site again..

Sooner1:
Playa has nicer beaches in my opinion but the diving isn't as good as Coz. We stay at the Royal Hideaway which is an outstanding resort. The ferry ride to Coz is about 45 min each way and if I remember it costs about $10 round trip. If you are going just for the diving I'd recommend just staying in Coz.

we stay at the royal hideaway too great hotel. the service you get there is the best in the world. the hotel is completely closed to the public and other resorts.
no wrist band needed. the wife and stayed there 2 times and were going back in feb for a week and a 1/2. the food omfg its good. the bars are completely stocked all the time and you never have to get up to get your food or drinks you get a green flag and they come to you and theres no tipping so everyones = no higher tiper howding.
i dream about going everyday. theres a scuba shop on site and you sign up and they will take you anywere you want to go. if you do do a carven dive last time i did it we ahd a great time.
i got pick on my web site under mexico 05

www.royalhideaway.com
i will put up more pics of the holtel tonight for you

chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom