Playa del Carmen Weather/Diving Conditions in September?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adriaan557

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone,

We live in the UK and want to do dive trip mid September. Were thinking of going to the Red Sea, but I've noticed that there are really good deals available from the UK to Cozumel/Playa Del Carmen. Always wanted to go to Mexico, but I'm wondering if September is not the wrong time to go.

A lot of sites seem to advise on avoiding the area in Sept/Oct seeign as it is the hieght of the hurricane season. On the other hand there seem to be a lot of SB peeps going diving there during this time.

I'm not the type of person that will be worrying that a full blown hurrican hits the area while we're there - chances are probably very slim. But in saying that we don't want to spend half our holiday cooped up in out hotel romm because it it is pouring down outside. Don't mind overcast days, will probably do 4 days diving and spend the rest sight seeing.

I would apreciate it if someone can give me an indication of what the weather is like around September (temperature/rain/diving conditions etc)?

Thanks,
Adriaan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom