Playa Del Carmen and Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

szymon48

Reaction score
Hi everybody

I am just planning to go to the Riviera Maya area. Near Playa Del Carmen. I would
like do some underwater photography while scubadiving. The problem is that it
is my first time in Mexico and I dont know any diving centers. If someone could help
me out I would really appreciate it. If someone could also tell me how is the transportation there? Do diving centers pick you up from the hotel?

P.S If someone could tell me how hard is it to go doving on the Cozumel side?

Simon

Simon,

It isn't hard to plan a trip on your own to Cozumel, though most dive shops in Playa will assist you with it as well, at most at no additional charge.

Hard to say with the pick up at your hotel as I am not sure what other shops do. I do provide pick up and deliver to most hotels in the area. Also, because you are planning on doing photography you want to pick an operator who doesn't rush the group. Check out some of the reviews here in the Mexico forum. If you can pass on the name of your hotel, we can also help you pick one that is close to your resort.

Maybe personalized service at regular prices is what you need. Check out www.diablodivers.com :) (shameless plug)

If there is anything I can answer or a shop that I can recommend close to your hotel, don't hesitat to PM me or post right here, I will try to follow this thread.

Cheers,

Dennis

Diablo Divers doesn't need a shameless plug. Dennis is THE MAN IN MEXICO. I thought I would like diving the caverns in Mexico, but after diving with him I am now pursuing cave training in Florida. Soon enough, I'll be back in Mexico diving with Dennis again, and again, and again......

Book with Dennis, and you'll see what it's like to get more than your money's worth while diving.

-DJ

It really depends on where you are staying if you're in Playa Dennis' is a great shop if you are in or near Puerto Morelos then you should check us out www.divepuertomorelos.com (another shameless plug) . We can pick up by boat at Ceiba Del Mar, Secrets Excellence, Paradisus, Desire, Azul and other small hotels are only walking distance to the shop anyway. Mayan Palace has a shuttle that will get you to PM, from El Dorado, Iberostar, Playa Secreto and Moon Palace you can wait for a collectivo on the highway or grab a taxi for a 5-10 min ride
I second the comment of finding a shop that is going to let you go slow enough to be productive. You don't want to be hurried through a dive because of heavy commitments by the shop

I used Tank-Ha, i fact i am still here, they have there own hotel and dive center. i am new to the picture thig, but i have managed to take over 250+ pictures. well over 300 with the ones that i deleted. The guys here are first class and don´t rush you at all. and they will point out alot of the things on the dives. we did Coz with them and took there boat straight there, i got a couple of good pic´s of a 6´ nerse shark, ane we also dove Tortuga and i got about 5 pictures of some turtels and we saw about 12. all in all it whas been a good time. i will wright more and post some pictures when i get home.

Highly recommend Dive Mike as a safe knowledgable excellent operation. They offer cenote, Playa ocean, and Cozumel diving. Go to Divemike.com for more info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom