Plano Show - April 29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
If I missed someone else's post on this, sorry. Did look...

I see that the "Scuba In Ten City Tour" is being sponsored by Scuba Diving magazine, formerly Rodales, and Adventure Scuba of Plano: link

April 29 is a Saturday. I might fly in for the day. :pilot:

Anyone have any news, plans, etc...?

I plan on being there as I have a bunch of people from another club I am a member of attending to try out the discover scuba. Right now it is looking like I iwll ahve 10-15 people (so that means 5-6 people probally) If I hook just one then it is worth all the headaches. LOL

i have a girl friend that i have been trying to get her to take a discover scuba class but she (has a phobia about water) but has indicated she is interested in possibly tring it out. i was wondering if when the do discover scuba if the allow a certifird dive to particapate to help set a newbies mind at ease for this so that for the time they at least have someone there that they know

I did not get in the pool with my 14 year old when he did the discover scuba but I was right next to the pool. To say he is a weak swimmer is a huge under statement he said he felt better know I was on the edge of the pool. I do not know if they would have let me in for insurance reason but it would not hurt to call and ask the shop that is holding it and ask. I was there on Sunday and they seemed pretty nice.

TwoBitTxn:
I'll be there... working

TwoBit
Cool, doing what...?

Where is it...?

Admission charge...?
:confused:

I know there is no charge and it is at Adventure Scuba in Plano, 75 and Park on the west side.

I'll be on the floor somewhere. I'm an AI with the shop. Just ask for Tom.

dementid:
i have a girl friend that i have been trying to get her to take a discover scuba class but she (has a phobia about water) but has indicated she is interested in possibly tring it out. i was wondering if when the do discover scuba if the allow a certifird dive to particapate to help set a newbies mind at ease for this so that for the time they at least have someone there that they know

What's the phobia? How bad is it?

If you are a DM or above it probably wouldn't be an issue. I doubt it otherwise. It would also probably depend on the instructor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom