Plano dive shop changes ownership

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The Plano location of Blue Dolphin scuba has changed names and ownership.

It is now Adventure Scuba owned by Meg Muller, the former business manager for Blue Dolphin. The Frisco Blue Dolphin scuba store remains under the same name and ownership.

TwoBit

So is this a good thing?

With downturn in travel and economy in general since 9/11, don't see how anyone could keep two shops open. Imagine internet killing equipment sales and dive lessons are breakeven proposition. Think Mike decided to keep Frisco store and go from there. Glad the store at least stayed open and did not just shut down.

I was just in there a couple of weeks ago. The Flippers dive club meeting is this Monday - was thinking about going and maybe joining - you can always use a few more dive buddies..

D.

Hey Daylon... Ya ought to join us up at Lake Murray on Sunday :14:

Timeliner:
Hey Daylon... Ya ought to join us up at Lake Murray on Sunday :14:

Seriously considering it... just as long as I'm not the only "wet" diver and I can share the misery with someone... ;-)

D.

texdiveguy:
So is this a good thing?
New staff seems to be VERY excited about upcoming changes. Whether or not they can make it financially remains to be seen. I think that place has changed names and ownership about 4 times in the last 10 years. Hopefully it will work out for them.

IMO - if it isn't ocean's window, it will be fine with me.

I got my OW through BD. My MD was Joe Pazos, DMs were Tracey and Keith. Good group of dudes. They are staying with Adventure, not going to Frisco store.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom