Planning a liveaboard trip - timing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gwen1011

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all!

I'm in the very beginning stages of planning a liveaboard trip to Thailand (or somehwere else in SE Asia could be an option) in 2010.

In a perfect world, I could easily leave mid-April, but some have told me to avoid going after March altogether until monsoon season is over.

What do you say?

Gwen

April offers normally completely flat seas, lots of sun but maybe a rainshower during the day. It can be quite hot, but on a boat it will be cooler. Visibility at Similans etc. in April is normally less than at the beginning of the season (November) because of the plankton in the water, but that increases your chances again of seeing something special.

So IMO: nothing wrong with April, I go quite often on a trip myself at the end of the month actually.

Hi Gwen,

As my company agents for some Liveaboards in Thailand & most Liveaboards in Indonesia, let me know how I can further assisst.

You can dive Indonesia with Liveaboards all year round as it is a sprawling country. For example, this time of the year until April, most Liveaboards are in Raja Ampat, while June to November they will be in Komodo.

For all year round dive sites there area Lembeh, Bunaken (North Sulawesi) & Kalimantan (Borneo).

If you decide to go to Raja Ampat, I would suggest you to enter Indonesia via Manado for the better connection or Airlines, while if you go to Komodo, I would suggest to come to Bali 1st.

My company can assist you with your accommodation before & after the Liveaboard, domestic air tickets, & highly discounted rate for the Liveaboard itself. Some Liveaboard that we co-operate with:
Thailand: MV Mermaid I & 2

Indonesia: Ocean Rover, The Arenui, SY Siren, Ondina, Grand Komodo, Seven Seas, Samata, & Many more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom