Planet Dive or Arthur's Place in Anilao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lyndon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Need to book a resort in Anilao for next month and have narrowed it down to Planet Dive or Arthur's Place. Cant make up my mind. Arthurs seems a bit cheaper.

Would like to hear what peoples experiences are. I got some good info from Wisnu's thread about Arthurs.

What is the proximity to the good dive sites from both resorts? I think Planet Dive has Twin Rocks as a shore dive so thats a huge plus.

Lastly what is the most affordable way to go from Manila to Anilao? Being quoted some crazy amounts for a one way trip. Anyone have any reliable private taxi or the like?

Thanks for the help.

I hope you chose Planet Dive ?
If not. **** i need to hurry and book arthurs. We've been coming to Arthurs place for 4 years now and it's my home away from home in Anilao. As for transport, look on facebook for Anilao Shuttle Service. Maybe they can help

From Manila, one can typically get to Anilao by taking a bus bound for Batangas City (Buendia terminal) and asking the conductor for drop off at the Mabini/Bauan jeepney terminal. By request, a Mabini jeepney driver will then take passengers to the Mabini dock area. From the Mabini docks, visitors can hire a driver to any one of the resorts.

Anilao Shuttle Service doesnt seem to be active on FB anymore. Looks like the person running the service (kiko?) passed away last year after suffering a heart attack after a clean up dive.

Still looking for travel options.

Surprising that people in Manila / Batangas havent seen this as a business opportunity to transport people across for a more reasonable fee.

After seeing this thread I sent an e-mail to Arthur's Place to get a quote and the van transfer to/from airport is 8,000 pesos ($178 CDN) for two people. Not too bad when I've seen a lot more; over $100 for just one way.

Prices for accommodation including 3 meals/day plus diving was quite reasonable. It's that transfer that is a killer; especially for only two people.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom