Plane Crash in Lake Pleasant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Condolences to the passengers family. If the reports of the pilot's actions are correct, I'm not all that sorry to see him go, just wish it were alone.

As for diving it...120'+ a little altitude adjustment, f'n cold and dark/zero viz, nah I'll pass, at least until the water level drops (considerably), viz clears deep and hopefully pilot and passenger are recovered. I wonder if there is much left of it anyway, if they can't find the victims, but are bringing up wreckage I would think the plane is not intact.

Just got back in-town any new info since the search resumed today? Did they ever find the UFC fighter?? Folks is starting to pile up in the lake!

-Garrett

shark.byte.usa:
Did they ever find the UFC fighter?? Folks is starting to pile up in the lake!-Garrett

The fighter has not been found, even though they had the best down here doing the search, and as of this afternoon, no results on the planes occupants.

As a pilot I hate it when stupid people kill innocent people. What a shame. My thoughts for both families as these types of accidents hit very close to home for me.

On a positive note diamonstars are carbon fiber so if they leave it it will be there forever as a dive site.

just to add a few more notes, i work at deer valley airport, and 2 kids i work with fly out of some school at scottsdale airport, the plane is from that school. it was a diamond star as mentioned above. he died like most pilots die, showing off. i have worked in aviation for about 2 years now and already know about a considerable amount of deaths. One of them being a good friend of mine. Used to go flying with him all the time in his rv-6. we would go out and do some cannon running and loops and rolls, you know the exciting stuff. well one day i got a call from a friend saying he racked his plane up in some telephone wires. Killed him and a passenger he brought up for the same reason he brought me up. I guess you can say after a while you think your invinsible then you let your guard down. its a shame... that defently gave me a reality check....:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom