Places to buy scuba gear in Northern California?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

Going to be in Monterey / Santa Clara area for a couple of days, and am interested if there are any places to get good deals on equipment. I'm visiting from Canada.

Looking for BCD / dry suit in particular.

Thanks in advance,

Sarah-Jane

I like Any Water Sports. They're at 1344 Saratoga Ave San Jose, CA. I know they are a DUI dealer and there were other brands also on the rack... can't remember which though.

Lots of places to buy gear. "Good deals," on the other hand: Not so much.

If you can't get one of the major "discount" U.S. retail internet places to ship to Canada, maybe you could buy from them and have them ship to your hotel or wherever you'll be staying.

Aqua Safaris in Santa Cruz has Apeks dive gear and Whites Drysuits.
The latter is fairly in stock, but the Apeks BC's consists of just two floor models right now.

We have quite a few Aqua Lung and Mares BC's on the shelves as well.

Not sure what your price range would be for a "good deal"
Aqua Safaris Scuba Gear, Diving Equipment & Dive Travel

In Monterey you can look at Seven Seas. I've been to every dive shop in Monterey aside from Bamboo Reef, and Seven Seas is my favorite so far. Friendly staff and nice atmosphere in the shop.
They have Scubapro and Hollis BC's in stock and Bare Dry suits. Sometimes they carry Whites in shop, not sure if it's their normal shelf item now.
Seven Seas Scuba - Contact Us

Back
Top Bottom