Places for a beginner to dive in Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sfbarry

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hello all

I will be finishing my open water in maui in less then 2 weeks. After that I am looking to go to Molokini Crater, The Cathedrals at Lanai and possibly doing a night dive (still debating where and with who). Anyone else have any tour schedules or recommendations of places to dive in Maui? I am trying to figure out how I can do at least 2-3 dives a day monday-thursday ( as my flight leaves friday at 12:30 pm). If anyone has anything to contribute on what to see or who to use please let me know

Thanks

Sean

I've sent a lot of new divers, experienced divers and dive professionals and none have been unhappy. In fact I have two former students diving with them now. They're located in Kihei at have a site at B&B Scuba

A nice easy spot to dive is Ulua, a great get comfortable spot. Lots depends on the swell though and I hear it's a south swell lately. If that's the case you may want to drive up to the west end and check things out. Talk to the locals when you get there, can't beat local info.

Send me a PM when it gets closer and we can see if we can arrange a time for a friendly dive while you're here. Tim (kidspot) is also a great guy to dive with!

Have you picked your operators yet? You may want to consider booking sooner than later (i.e. 1-2 weeks out rather than day-of) as they sometimes fill up.

My sig says it all! You'll have a great time if you go with BBscuba! If you go on Tuesday or Thursday Tim and I may be on the boat doing some dives for our class... They can also arrange some shore diving for you or you could check out Shaka Doug who is the king of south Maui shore diving...Airport Beach, Black Rock, Ulua, 5 Graves, Maui Prince, Ukumehame (Mantas) are all good dive sites... Try to find some guides for the Lahaina area to find the mantas (Pacific Dive) Tim has a shore diving site alohashoredivers.com which has some good info about a lot of the sites...

For Lanai try extendedhorizons.com or lahainadivers.com (the only ones I know but there are others)...

I hope you have a great trip!

Sean

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom