PK Polar Bear Divers Day Out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:1poke: Just want to see you shiver TexDiveguy .... :11: Just saw the ball drop on TV in Times Sqaure. Happy New Year everyone. Just isn't the same without Dick Clark this year.

Quite a few people were out at PK this year. I counted at least 10 divers plus several onlookers. I talked to Ann at the Scubapoint shop and she said they will plan for a bigger turnout next year. She was surprised to see so many this year. We rode our motorcycles out there so we did not dive. The water was up to the cement walkout. I am guessing that truck that is normally at 20 feet or so was at about 40 feet now. Visibility was about 3 feet and 50 degrees. Happy New Year everyone! :dazzler1:

It was good to see all you folks today( Troy,Debraw, Alan, Randy, and a few more I didnt get meet). I am already looking forward to the next dive.

I dove Possum Kingdom for the first time. I am usually in the calmer, clearer waters of CSSP. The waves was choppy, the water felt freezing. I buddied with Randy and Allen. I held Randy's hand, but lost Allen at the beginning of the dive. Sorry Allen. The vis was extremely poor, less the 3 feet. I could only see Randy's blue gloved hand which I was holding. Couldn't see the rest of his arm, never mind his body. Felt like I was diving with a ghost. I am looking forward to diving there again. Hopefully soon.

Even though I lost Allen, does this dive qualify me as an official Texas Swamp Diver? Is Allen a Texas Swamp Diver?
Happy New Year everyboby!! Looking forward to more dives with The Texas Swamp Divers this year.

It's official you are a Texas Swamper! You dove with TexDiveGuy! Someone add Froglady to the list! :dazzler1:

"Even though I lost Allen, does this dive qualify me as an official Texas Swamp Diver? Is Allen a Texas Swamp Diver?
Happy New Year everyboby!! Looking forward to more dives with The Texas Swamp Divers this year.[/QUOTE]"

You only thought I was lost,,,,in fact most of the dive I was right behind and a little above you and Randy,,,,,Randy was aware I was there. All I could see were your brightly colored fins---I am glad you had them on!!!!!!! I am a Texas Swamp diver so is Debra and Skeet whom was diving with the local gang. You are OFFICIALLY a Swamper!!!!!! Good dive,,,,and hope we can dive together again in better condition sometime.

Yes! you definitely qualify. You did well, these condition were nasty (viz).

Maybe the next time that we dive PK we will have better conditions or possibly take a boat.

Randy Cook

You only thought I was lost,,,,in fact most of the dive I was right behind and a little above you and Randy,,,,,Randy was aware I was there. All I could see were your brightly colored fins---I am glad you had them on!!!!!!!

See I said the viz was bad. I looked around several times and never saw you. I knew those colored fins would come in handy. My kids laughed at me when I got them.

I am a Texas Swamp diver so is Debra and Skeet whom was diving with the local gang. You are OFFICIALLY a Swamper!!!!!! Good dive,,,,and hope we can dive together again in better condition sometime.[/QUOTE]

Yeah! It's nice to be OFFICIAL. Looking forward to diving with you again in any condition.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom