Pixel size??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In photodraw you can resize and specify the number of pixels. I seem to remember other programs do it similairly.

Ok all you photo types.
How do you adjust the pixel size of a photo for uploading on this site????

Now hang on there...keep it simple....it took me a while to figure out how to change the kb size of the pic.....

but my programs dont say yada about changing pixle size and i am told by this site i am too wide. (heck i know that but i've tried every diet...thought you guys were friendly!!)

Open the picture file and then from the menu select image | image size. It should list the pixel dimensions and document size. Each of these have drop boxes, so if you see inches or percents, change it to pixels. Make sure the Constrain Proportions checkbox is checked so your picture doesn't get stretched. Then enter the new width or height, set the resolution and click ok.

These directions are for Adobe PhotoShop 7 but if my memory serves me right, it was the same for the older versions.

Per Raxafarian...
if you are using winxp, right-click on the file and select resize... I think medium usually makes it small enough. Might work in other window versions.. I never tried it.

If you have photoshop.... use the "save for web" under the file menu... then you can set the size and the quality, so you can make any size file you want.

Or do like I did and get a friend to do it for you!! Thanks Spectre

Oh, and welcome to the boards!!

What program are you using to re-size the pic? It should give you the choice to change the pixels. Instead of using the file size, you would use pixels instead.

I'm sure someone else can explain it...I only know how to do it in Photoshop and Photo Deluxe.

in order to answer your question. What operating system are you running on your computer, and what application are you using to edit your photos? Based on that, I'm sure a bunch of people here can help you. Generally speaking, it sounds like you need to use the "Resize" function (or possibly "Crop" if you want to eliminate part of the pic) to get the result you're looking for.

Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom