Pittsburgh looking for a Dive Buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

prthd9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I moved to the burgh about a year ago from SD. I dove regularly in SD (1 or 2 times a week), but since moving here have not dove. I want to start diving again on a regular basis. I'd like to get in at least 2 dives a month, but I need a dive buddy.

Let me know if your interested...

Ryan

you should try Mt Storm. It is within 2 hours of there. I dive there occasionally, hit me up if you want to get together. and dive it sometime. It is a great place to practice some tech stuff.

Or hit me up. There are closer places than Sotrm if you are ok with cold water. Infact two within an hour or so of Pittsburgh. There is one place I hit in the evening after work with no traffic and no crowds. ANd in fact there is another now available on a limited basis 15 minutes from me. Large lake, 60 foot depth, one platform and fish.

Or hit me up. There are closer places than Sotrm if you are ok with cold water. Infact two within an hour or so of Pittsburgh. There is one place I hit in the evening after work with no traffic and no crowds. ANd in fact there is another now available on a limited basis 15 minutes from me. Large lake, 60 foot depth, one platform and fish.

Ok, where are they at? I am in Morgantown often and am always looking for good places to dive!!!

What do you consider good? If you don't mind cold water, 8-30 ft vis depending on the day and some freshwater fish there are two places we could do. One is in Cadis Ohio the other just north of Pittsburgh at Slippery Rock. We could also do Tygart Lake depending on the level of the lake. Have not been there yet but supposed to have some interesting rock formations. Then there is the Yough Dam. Been there. Not much too see but might be able to find the old bridge depending on entry point. All of these are good for skills and just to get wet.

8' vis? that is great! at least compared to some places I dive. Cold is no bother to me either. I will let you know when i will be in the area next, and maybe all of us can get together some place.

Back
Top Bottom