Pirate King II trip report 6/19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phillybob

Contributor
Reaction score
out of barnegat light, booked thru L.B.I. scuba, we headed for the gulftrade stern in 6-7 ft.rollers. the boat made for a fairly comfortable ride. still the fish were fed by a few. cloudy till the second dive when the sun made an appearance. about ten divers on board. dropped down on to the wreck, very slight current and about 35-40 viz. beautiful! bottom temp dropped about 5 degrees from last week to 43 degrees. brrrr. i didn't see any fish shot but some mussels and a few bugs where taken. eric from L.B.I. sighted Lobzilla, a ten pounder, but no one could get a hand on him. next time it'll be the steam kettle for him. my new nikon 7900 and ike housing worked better than expected. all in all a pretty good trip on a less than ideal day.

Hey phillybob
It was nice to meet you on the boat yesterday-it was rough out there alright ,but the diving was well worth it,great vis-and a chance to get Lobzilla--see you out there again
Send me a pic if you can--send me a PM and I'll send you my e-mail

I am going out to the Gulftrade on Saturday (if the weather holds). I would like to get a look at the creature known as Lobzilla... any idea of where he hangs out at?

it was only about ten feet from where we tied in, but where on the wreck that was, i don't know. supposedly under a hull plate lying on a length of pipe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom