Pinnicle Cruiser 7/5mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mvtek

Registered
Reaction score
I just read about the new wet suit and was wondering if anyone has one or has seen it up close and personal? Im in the market for a 7m and the price range is nice. Any thoughts?

I just purchased a Pinnacle Cruiser, but haven't got a chance besides the pool to dive in it yet. I got the Cruiser mainly because I was impressed with the build quality of the Pinnacles suits and because it was a good chunk cheaper than the Elite and Elastiprene. The Cruiser is just standard neoprene so it's a bit stiffer than Elastiprene and it doesn't have the additional inner gusset seals like the Elite.
I'll be doing my first real dives w/ it on Memorial day so I'll see then how toasty it keeps me.

Just did my first dives with my Pinnacle Cruiser 7mm and I thought it was pretty good. Min temp I hit was 47F, with most dives at least 20-30 mins < 55F. I wasn't toasty warm but I wasn't freezing. I was expecting to freeze my butt off in those temps but I was able to handle it fine.

Ocean Enterprises is having their summer tent sale this weekend (8/18/06) in San Diego. I just bought a Pinnacle Cruiser 7mm and will dive it this weekend. It was very comfortable in the store. I tried on several sizes, I usually wear an ML but the Pinnacles seem to run a bit large and the Medium was a perfect fit. OE is selling it for $169 and it includes a Pinnacle hooded vest, 3mm gloves, and 5mm booties. The salesman made a half hearted effort to get me into a more expensive suit, but everyone was talking about what a good wetsuit it is and how the price was unheard of.

If you're in San Diego, you probably already know about the sale, but they seem to have a good quantity on hand, and one salesman even mentioned rainchecks on some of the sale items.

I'll post again after the weekend with a Cruiser review; I have a mini dive-trip planned so the new wetsuit will see some good use.

Did 4 dives in the Pinnacle Cruiser over the weekend. Coldest temp was around 53F, and it was fine. It's easy to get on and off, and I frankly felt just as comfortable in this suit as the Henderson Gold Core I was borrowing up 'til now. Two thumbs up on the new suit -- er, I mean two big OK signals!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom